Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hedgehoglet

Visitor
This baby hedgehog paid us a visit for a few days.
It was scrabbling around in the bushes outside our front door, probably confused - looking for its ma?
I had heard that you can feed them cat food and had a little tin set by for just such an occasion.
What a delight when the tiny creature, attracted by the smell, approached the tin, and also obligingly let me take photos.
As it ate it made tiny chewing noises, almost slurping.
I was so charmed by this diminutive visitor. Sadly, it did not return, even though I left out more food.

I guess it's better for it not to get too used to free lunches...
But still...

1 comment:

  1. Your little store of cat food finally came in handy!

    I wonder why it didn't return to such a tasty feast?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome but will be checked before publishing.